Josef Abramowitz is the CEO of Gigawatt Global, a green energy impact platform building solar fields in some of the world’s poorest countries. He has been named one of the planet’s top Green Pioneers by CNN and nominated by 12 African countries for the Nobel Peace Prize for his solar work. In this episode, Josef takes us along some of his wildest adventures, illustrating just how much he is willing to risk in order to make the most impact for the most impoverished communities around the world. He reminds us of the urgency to address climate change at full-force and gives us proof that change is possible even right now in the present.
In this episode, Josef talks about:
- Growing up in an activist family and being raised with a strong awareness around social justice [2:45]
- Following where your heart goes [9:00]
- His adventures through Africa and the Middle East [12:07]
- Seeing the humanity in tragedy and the interconnected of a single community to others [22:26]
- The exponential impact of renewable energy access in vulnerable communities [31:40]
- Proof that 100% solar power is possible [42:09]
- Gigawatt Global a multinational renewable energy company focused on the development and management of utility-scale solar fields in emerging markets
Subscribe And Review Poetry of Impact
Help us craft a memorable and meaningful experience! Click here to leave a review.
Share This Episode
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email